HVE / HAUTE VALEUR ENVIRONNEMENTALE
HVE recognition for a Domain guarantees that the agricultural practices used on an entire farm:
- Preserve the natural ecosystem
- Minimize pressure on the environment (soil, water, air, landscape, etc.)
This is a rewarding statement, provided for by the rural and maritime fishing code, in the same way as “mountain product” or “farm product”. Thus, it is a voluntary approach that is implemented by farmers to promote their good practices!
As a result, Winerie Vignobles & Compagnie is strongly committed to sustainable development in its vineyard. It uses cultivation methods that are more respectful of the environment and selects suppliers who are also involved in this process. All our wines are committed to sustainable development and HVE approaches, to the delight of our consumers …
Each at our level we can get involved. Recycling, preservation of natural resources, our consumption habits, every gesture counts.
Implementation of environmental certification?
The CNCE has defined the control plans defining the precise framework allowing the certification of farms for each level of the system. Levels of environmental certification:
- level 1: compliance with the environmental requirements of cross-compliance and performance by the farmer of an assessment of the farm with regard to the level 2 benchmark or level 3 indicators
- level 2: compliance with a benchmark comprising 16 requirements that are efficient for the environment
- level 3: qualified as “High Environmental Value”, is based on results indicators relating to biodiversity, phytosanitary strategy, fertilization and irrigation management.
Find out more via the website of the Ministry of Agriculture or the national association for the development of HVE certification.